Jennifer Alison Photography | Photographer | Family Portraits | San Marcos » Photographer | Family Portraits | San Marcos

A Day in the Life {my life}

I thought that it would be good for me to write out an entire day in my life for me to look back on and remember.

starting on 8/13/12:

5:30 p.m. -Pick up M from day care. She is the happiest baby there, and about three other babies are screaming. One mom is so stressed out telling the teacher she doesn’t know what else to do to help get her baby to nap while at day care. I feel blessed, like I have the best baby there 🙂

5:35 p.m. -Get home. Daddy is off tonight. He greets her and she gives him the biggest dimply smile (like she always does, such a daddy’s girl).

5:45 p.m. -Daddy plays with her for a bit while I unload everything from work/daycare, unload the dishwasher, and start dinner.

5:50 p.m. -M starts getting cranky so I prepare a small bottle. Daddy feeds her.

6:00 p.m. -M is passed out on Daddy. Daycare really wears her out and she is exhausted those evenings!

6:10 p.m. -I eat dinner, Daddy eats dinner one handed on the couch trying not to wake the sleeping baby. We chat and watch something on tv.

6:25 p.m.-I walk down the street to get the mail. Then I change into my PJ’s.

6:30 p.m.-Chat with the husband while we watch Two and a Half Men.

6:35 p.m.-Decide that we should wake M up soon and get her ready for bed. She wakes up easily and jumps in her Jumperoo. Then we feed her about 1 tbsp of rice cereal. She is really starting to love it!

6:45 p.m. -Prepare her bedtime bottle, set up her bath, fill up her humidifier.

6:50 p.m. -Bath Time! We sing our bubble bubble bath time song! This girl is such a water baby. She loves her baths. Splishing and splashing all around, getting me entirely soaked.

7:00 p.m.-Dry off and get into PJ’s. This has been very difficult since she will not sit still. She wants to roll all over and play. She fights with me. Throws a fit. I finally get her dressed. We brush her hair. Then I rock her while giving her bedtime bottle.

7:25 p.m.-She is out cold, but sitting up from the rocker always wakes her up. I place her down in her crib and say goodnight. She plays with her feet for about 5 minutes before falling asleep.

7:30 p.m. -I go downstairs. Daddy is asleep on the couch. I finish the dishes, wash her bottles, and start the dishwasher.

7:45 p.m.-I decide I need to straighten my hair. I do that.

8:00 p.m.-Go back downstairs, time to chill. Grab a beer. My sister calls me on Face Time from Peru! She made it safely. The husband is still asleep. I have the Bachelor Pad on in the background but I am really not into it this season. I’m playing on the internet/obsessing over how I can re-design my blog. Maybe I can also add blog pre-made templates/designs for blogger for sale? I could add that to my list of designs easily! My brain is stirring with ideas.

9:00 p.m.- Time to go upstairs. Get ready for bed. Wake the husband. Drag his butt upstairs. Check Facebook/Instagram/Twitter from  my iPhone. Still kind of watching the bachelor pad.

9:30ish -Fell asleep.

4:02 a.m.-Wake up to the BUZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZ of our video monitor. This mean’s M is making noise. This means M is awake. At 4:00 a.m. Girl! You haven’t done this in over a week ~ I thought it was over! 4:00 a.m. is NOT time to party. But, you just slept for 8 hours so I guess I should be ok with that.

4:15 a.m. -Go in the nursery and giver her Paci. She gives me the biggest dimply smile and wants to play. I shusssssssh her and try to get her back to sleep.

4:30 a.m. -Repeat exactly of 4:15 a.m.

4:40 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. -I think she fell back asleep.

5:04 a.m. -She’s awake and so chatty. She really just wants to start her day. I decide to change her diaper, and feed her. She only eats 4 ounces of her 6 ounce bottle and is rubbing her eyes and is sooo sleepy.

5:25 a.m. -Put her back in her crib. She plays with her feet for a few minutes.

5:35 a.m. -She’s asleep. Now I try to go back to sleep. Doesn’t happen for awhile. Damnit.

6:45 a.m.-My alarm goes off. M is still passed out. So is Daddy. This is 12+ hours for him. Usual on his first day off. Lay in bed for awhile. Exhausted even though I got plenty of sleep.

7:00 a.m.-Decide I should get my ass up. Go down and start coffee. Go back up and hop in the shower. Get dressed.

7:15 a.m.-Daddy is up. He wakes up M. He says OMG she is STILL sleeping?! I say, yes, but ummmm we had a party from 4:00 to 5:30 a.m. without you! He says OMG I didn’t even hear her! He changes her and gets her dressed.

7:25 a.m.-drink my coffee. Get M’s bottles ready for daycare. Pack my lunch. She plays with Daddy. Throw everything in the car. Hope to god I don’t forget anything.

7:45 a.m.-leave for Daycare. Throw on some makeup in the car (while i’m still in the driveway of course). A normal Tuesday M would be at home with Daddy, but today he had a case in Court.

7:50 a.m.-Drop M off at Daycare. She loves seeing the other kids and her teachers. Give her a big kiss goodbye! Drive to work, listening to Wake Up with Taylor – she’s hilarious.

8:30 a.m.-Walk into work. Ready to start my day as a nurse working with crazy people, literally. That’s another entire post in itself. Already off to a CRAZY start.

5:00 p.m.-Leave work. Drive home. Daddy already picked up M from daycare this afternoon.

5:30 p.m.-We do it all over again!

If you read all of this i’m impressed. 🙂 That’s all.

Your email is never published or shared.