The 411 | Getting to know me
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I’ve been blogging since 2008. I started my blog when I started my graphic design business in 2008 doing only wedding monograms. That is all I posted for quite some time, a couple of years. Blogging has lead me to most of my graphic design business which has been great. Since becoming pregnant last year, in 2011, and having my baby girl in March of this year, I am now blogging more about being a first time mom, but I will continue to blog about my designs as well. I am looking to network with other bloggers as well.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
San Diego State University
Bachelor of Science in Public Health, 2004
University of Oklahoma – San Diego Satellite Campus
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2009
3. Where have you traveled?
Costa Rica, The Caribbean, Cancun, Alaska. Maui, twice. Need to travel more.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Pay off everything, then I would buy a huge house with a live in nanny/housekeeper/chef!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
traffic. having to straighten my hair (aka FRO), and cleaning bathrooms
6. What is your favorite movie?
Embarrassed to say, but actually, Home Alone.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Beer. All the way. Blue Moon Please.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
That time is pretty much slim to none now, however, I like to SLEEP, read, play on the internet, and catch up on my design business.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Target. Old Navy. Marshalls. TJ Maxx. I refuse to pay full price for anything.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Junior high school I laughed so hard I peed my pants – in a Nordstrom dressing room!
11. What day would you love to relive again?
I’d actually like to relive 3/9/12 all over again. I was so in out of it from being in shock from my traumatic birth story and the drugs from the c-section that I really don’t remember much.
12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would play you?
Hmmm…I have to think about this.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
My first job was a day care attendant at the local YMCA. I watched children while their parents worked out. Then I worked at a few gyms, at Banana Republic, and Lego Land!
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
|My graduation from SDSU, May 2005
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
|My 21 year old cat passed away last weekend. RIP Smokey Joe, 1991 – 2012
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
In our second home, a bigger one, a promotion from my current job, happily married, maybe a pet. Not decided on baby #2 yet….ask me in a year or two. 😉